Friday, October 3, 2008

Flashback Friday...

I was looking through some pictures today and ran across these pictures from one of the most memorable days in my life. The day Russ proposed to me. It was August of 1997. We had flown to Minnesota to visit his family ---- One afternoon we were all sitting out on his mom and step-dad's deck visiting, the whole family - about 10 of us. Russ walked out from the house with a dozen roses. All red except one yellow right in the middle. Like the gentleman he is, he got down on one knee, and talked about what the roses mean, that red stands for love, and yellow stands for friendship. Then he pulled out the box with the ring in it, and proposed to me. Oh, I almost forgot, when he took the ring out of the box, it slipped out of his hands, I was looking at his eyes, and noticed the look that went from excitement to fear, then looked down to see the ring rolling, and luckily it stopped right before it went through the gap between the slats of the deck. It was pretty funny. This was an incredible day, and he completely surprised me with this moment, I wasn't expecting it to happen on this trip. Moments like this I'll cherish forever.
Thank you honey! I love you...




































































3 comments:

Keely said...

That is the sweetest story! You look so cute in your overalls! :)

Turia said...

What a cute post. I love it. I may have to steal your idea for my blog!

Noriane said...

You've been tagged!