Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just reach out to touch someone!


We were all sitting out on the back patio at Lisa & John's house and we somehow got on the subject of step-kids. Russ has two step-kids, and Lisa has two step-kids. Being that Russ pretty much raised my two boys with me, he's been in their lives since Rocky was 7 and Chad was 4, he has always been very close to my boys. So during this conversation, I told Russ and Lisa both that I feel they should both reach out to their oldest step-sons a bit more, by calling them more often. They both came back at me and said, "Well, everytime we call them they don't answer their cell phones!" I said that I didn't believe that one bit, and that they must not be trying hard enough. I said that they should both try right now to call their step-sons, so they both picked up their cell phones and........ well, let's just say that I was right, of course.... Both John (Lisa's step-son), and Rocky answered on the other end, and needless to say, along with me being right (I love it when I'm right!), they both felt very good inside that they had both reached out to their step sons at that very moment! I love both of you for taking on the challenge.. Even though they may not always answer their phones, or keep in touch as much as we would like them to, they KNOW you guys love them when you reach out!

No comments: