Sunday, July 13, 2008

May God Bless You Always Tommy!

Thomas Chatfield Wheeler
December 28, 1938 - July 7, 2008


Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God has laid for me
I took His hand when I heard His call
I turned my back and left it all...
I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work, or play
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found the peace at the close of day...
If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joys
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Oh yes, these things I too will miss...
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow
My life's been full, I savored much
Good friends, good times, a love one's touch...
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief
Lift up your hearts and peace to thee
God wanted me now, so set me free...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Steph, I feel sad for you loss. He looks like such a sweet man.

Anonymous said...

steph, as i read this, i weep for my loss, not for tommy as i know he is no longer in pain. how ever i wonder how i will do without him in my life and what god has in store for me. i wait i wait i wait. and cry. thie pain is not onw i am familure with. i know this shall also pass. love you and thanks for being there for me.