Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We'll miss you Norm...

Norman Ray Wilkes
Sept. 16, 1939 - Feb. 22, 2010



After a battle with cancer over the past 3 months or so, Russ's dad, Norm Wilkes, passed away last night. Norm was a great guy. Very funny with a great sense of humor. I only spent a little bit of time with him over the 15 years that I've been a part of Russ's life, but the one thing I do know, he loved his three children and his grandchildren greatly. He had a soft place in his heart for all of the grandkids -- he loved playing with them, and dancing with them. He didnt get the name "Stormin' Norman" from nowhere. That described him to the T.

I'm really glad that he had his last few days in this world with the people he loved the most around him. His wife Joanne, and his three kids, Russ, Lisa, and Karen -- I'm happy they all were able to spend this special time with him before he left this world. They were able to express to him their love, and he also was still able to communicate enough to tell each of his kids how much he loved them. I know that's something they'll always have to hold on to.

He will be greatly missed. We love you Norm! This is not 'good-bye', for I'm comforted to know because of my beliefs, that we will all see each other again really soon. He is in a great place right now, and without any pain. Until tomorrow Norm..... XOXO

1 comment:

Lisa Jennett Wood said...

What a beautiful smile. It shows his heart. Our prayers are with you.